Local Raw Honey
100% natural honey from a variety of local beekeepers in the Sutherland Shire. Support our local community, and enjoy the many benefits of raw honey.
- Local, raw honey has healing properties. Add it to your hot tea to soothe a sore throat, for instance. Because it has antimicrobial properties, it doesn’t just soothe your throat as it coats it; it can also kill certain bacteria.
- Local, raw honey helps with seasonal allergies. The same allergens that trigger a reaction in you are present in local, raw honey. By ingesting the honey regularly, you are, in effect, taking “shots” of the allergen in small, manageable doses.
- Local, raw honey reduces the lifespan of colds.
- Local, raw honey is a natural antiseptic. Honey has antimicrobial properties. That’s what makes it great for treating wounds. Because many types of bacteria can’t survive in honey, it speeds up healing, diminishes swelling, and gives tissue the opportunity to grow back more quickly.
- Local, raw honey helps tame the stomach flu. Because raw honey calms the inflammation of the stomach, it is a great pain reliever for the stomach flu.